Last Updated: December 21, 2017, 3:47 pm

Fire at the Movies Caused by Popcorn Machine


The Westates Red Cliffs Cinema behind St. George’s shopping mall caught fire yesterday afternoon, reportedly beginning with one of their popcorn machines.

People were asked to evacuate the building by the cinema staff, with small amounts of smoke filing most rooms. The Fire Department arrived at 4:00 p.m., but the fire had already been extinguished by the time they came to the scene. 

Damage has reportedly been limited to the popcorn machine itself and some of the tiles directly overhead.